Impress your guests with this simple taco chicken soup recipe that is mouthwatering and perfect for a party. It is delicious, quick to make and everyone loves it!
If you’ve never made any Mexican parties it’s time to change it! I usually make Mexican inspired recipes for my parties. I love how convenient they are. I really like Mexican food, all the spices and cilantro are my favorite. I know many people think that cilantro taste like soap but not me. I love it and I add it a lot to my Mexican inspired dishes or to any salads. I don’t even spend so much time chopping into small pieces. I just remove leaves and sometimes I just add it to the salad or I chop a little but not much.
The taco chicken soup was so easy to prepare. I made everything from scratch. You don’t have to order any food for your parties. First of all, I cooked all ingredients in slow cooker including chicken breast, beans, corn, tomatoes and seasonings. To make your party run smoothly prepare separate plates with toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced jalapenos, tortilla chips and cilantro. While everyone can pour their own soup from slow cooker they can also add some toppings. Your guests can simply choose all toppings or whatever they like.
Preparing parties like this are so easy. The taco chicken soup can be made ahead of time. The day before the party make the soup and on the next day get all toppings you need. You can have a delicious meal from scratch without any hassle!
Taco Chicken Soup Party
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 chicken breast large
- 15.5 oz. salsa 1 jar (mild or medium)
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tomatoes beefsteak
- 19 oz. red kidney beans 1 can
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Turn on the slow cooker on high and add oil.
- Add chicken breast, salsa, corn, taco seasoning, onion powder, cumin, salt and 4 cups water.
- Optional: remove the skin from beefsteak tomatoes. To remove the skin. Boil about 3-4 cups water in the kettle and pour on tomatoes. Remove the skin.
- Dice tomatoes and add it to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours remove the chicken breast and shred with fork or cut with knife into smaller pieces. Add it back to the slow cooker. Add kidney beans. Cook for additional 1 hour on high.
If you like Taco Chicken Soup Party check…