Since I remember I was always a dairy person and cheesecakes were my favorite dessert. One of my favorite homemade cheesecake bars are made from cream cheese, they are so smooth and delicate that I really like. I added some fresh raspberries to make my bars even better.
When I grew up in Europe we had a cheese called quark that I really like. We make cheesecakes from this kind of cheese. And many people prefer it instead of cream cheese. I am the person that loves both. It is difficult for me to find quark where I live in Canada now. But I managed to make my own from buttermilk. Now I can simply make my favorite cheese and add it to crepes or simply eat with bread and honey:) Or there is one more option I can use for savory recipes, for example in my favorite recipe of Farmer’s Cheese with Radishes and Green Onions.
These raspberry homemade cheesecake bars are so creamy with baked graham crumbs on the bottom. Believe me they are very good. I’ve decided that lemon jello will compliment nicely the cheesecake and raspberries. However, strawberries can be also used.
At first I was aiming at strawberries, but the last package of “not really fresh” strawberries were left in the store. And I am not the person that shops in every store in the city. I just love to go to just one store and get everything. This is what I like the best. Let me know what is your favorite dessert?
Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups graham crackers
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 4 bricks cream cheese 8 oz. each - softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 pkg. small - 85 g lemon Jell-o jelly powder
- All ingredients has to be at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Prepare 13" x 9" baking pan.
- In a medium bowl mix graham crumbs with melted butter. Press nicely on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese with sugar, flour and vanilla extract until all ingredients are combined. Add sour cream and mix very well. Add eggs; one at a time. Mix all ingredients until blended. Pour on the crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool off completely.
- Spread raspberries nicely on the cheesecake.
- In a medium bowl prepare jello how it says on the package (1 cup boiling water + 1 cup cold water). Put in the fridge (about 1 hour). You should keep an eye for it, when it starts to form clumps pour over the raspberries on cheesecake.
- Cool of the cheesecake on the counter and refrigerate overnight.