Delicious, soft and moist cinnamon bread made with zucchini.
I know that zucchini breads or cakes are popular lately. At first, I wasn’t sure if I should make this cinnamon zucchini bread because I thought that maybe zucchini should stay for dinner as vegetable side with meat and potatoes or as appetizer, for example: Baked Zucchini with Garlic Dip. However, I am happy that I made this soft zucchini bread.
It is delicious! You can’t even taste zucchini in it. My children really like this cinnamon zucchini bread. I will definitely make it in the future for them. My zucchini was really big with a thick skin so I peeled the skin.
Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare 8 inch bread pan and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs with sugar; add zucchini and oil. Combine all ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl mix sugar and cinnamon for cinnamon swirl.
- Pour half the batter into the bread pan, sprinkle more than half of cinnamon swirl. Leave some to sprinkle on the top of the bread.
- Pour another half of batter. Sprinkle rest of the cinnamon swirl on top to make a crunchy top.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes.