Brownies are the best dessert ever. They are simple, very chocolaty and always easy to bake. Couple simple ingredients and sweet dessert can be made in no time. I wanted to improve these brownies a little by adding very good cream cheese frosting.
Yum.. cream cheese frosting. This sweet topping can be used for any cupcake. I used it before in my Valentine’s Day Butter Cookies. It was definitely the best frosting I’ve ever had. I don’t really like butter-cream frosting. It is too sweet for me.. too heavy. I’m glad I have a new addition to my cupcakes. In the future, I will use this topping more often.
At first I found a recipe of cream cheese frosting and butter … but I was hesitant to try. Maybe someday I’ll make it. It’s probably good but whipped cream + softened cheese + chocolaty brownie were the ingredients that I wanted to use.
My children were crazy about them. They ate them quickly. I think that every child loves brownies:)
To make my brownies very cute I used circle cookie cutter. They are easily to cut so I wanted to make them pretty and different than cupcakes or squares. I also added blueberries and chocolate dipped strawberries. Obviously, very delicious dessert.
Do you like brownies or do you have different type of dessert in mind?
Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. strawberry puree
- Circle cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 13 x 9* baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the pan melt butter, add chocolate chips. Stir and wait until chocolate has melted.
- Cool completely before adding eggs.
- Add eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and mix with spoon until all ingredients will combine.
- Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into baking pan. Smooth evenly with spatula.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting with cookie cutter.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, strawberry puree, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream until soft peak. Add cream cheese/sugar mixture and mix until all ingredients will combine. Decorate brownies.