Brownies are the best dessert ever. They are simple, very chocolaty and always easy to bake. Couple simple ingredients and sweet dessert can be made in no time. I wanted to improve these brownies a little by adding very good cream cheese frosting.
Yum.. cream cheese frosting. This sweet topping can be used for any cupcake. I used it before in my Valentine’s Day Butter Cookies. It was definitely the best frosting I’ve ever had. I don’t really like butter-cream frosting. It is too sweet for me.. too heavy. I’m glad I have a new addition to my cupcakes. In the future, I will use this topping more often.
At first I found a recipe of cream cheese frosting and butter … but I was hesitant to try. Maybe someday I’ll make it. It’s probably good but whipped cream + softened cheese + chocolaty brownie were the ingredients that I wanted to use.
My children were crazy about them. They ate them quickly. I think that every child loves brownies:)
To make my brownies very cute I used circle cookie cutter. They are easily to cut so I wanted to make them pretty and different than cupcakes or squares. I also added blueberries and chocolate dipped strawberries. Obviously, very delicious dessert.
Do you like brownies or do you have different type of dessert in mind?
Would you like to see more? Follow me: FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, GOOGLE+, WANELO
Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. strawberry puree
- Circle cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 13 x 9* baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the pan melt butter, add chocolate chips. Stir and wait until chocolate has melted.
- Cool completely before adding eggs.
- Add eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and mix with spoon until all ingredients will combine.
- Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into baking pan. Smooth evenly with spatula.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting with cookie cutter.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, strawberry puree, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream until soft peak. Add cream cheese/sugar mixture and mix until all ingredients will combine. Decorate brownies.
Thalia @ butter and brioche
These little brownies look SO good.. I love your cute presentation of them too!
Thank you Thalia!