Moist baked chicken meatballs appetizer recipe served with ketchup will be an easy idea for your next party gathering. Your family and friends will love it!
One of the most easiest recipe that you can make at your party are these chicken meatballs. To make the process very simply I didn’t not prepare any sauces I just served with ketchup. Therefore, they taste so delicious, juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. They are also baked in the oven so basically no oil is involved which means they are healthier. The best thing is to just make your own homemade meatballs at home and skip the frozen ones. What I like the most about these chicken meatballs is they are perfect for weeknight dinner or lunch. Certainly, kids and adults will like them.
How to make Homemade Meatballs
Firstly, prepare your ingredients including ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, pepper, garlic and mayo. Then mix them nicely just to combine. Secondly, form little balls and bake at 350 F. Just few simple ingredients and appetizer will be ready. And don’t forget to preheat your oven 🙂
Tips to make Chicken Meatballs
- Don’t over bake chicken meatballs in the oven, otherwise they will be hard and not juicy inside. However, check if they are cooked thoroughly.
- Use parchment paper or silpat to prevent baked meatballs from sticking to the baking pan.
- You can omit mayonnaise but I think it’s worth it. The meatballs will be moist and flavorful.
- To form small balls wet your hands to prevent meatballs sticking to your hands.
- After 25 minutes of baking broil them for up to 5 minutes to make them crunchy on the outside.
Baked Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 Tbsp. bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium bowl combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, salt, pepper and mayonnaise.
- Wet your hands and form little meatballs about 20. Spread nicely on the baking sheet
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes and broil for about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup.