Vegetarian baked portobello pizza with homemade pesto, quinoa and tomatoes.
Delicious portobello pizza with healthy quinoa and lots of seasonal veggies is perfect for meatless Mondays! I’ve used my homemade Basil Spinach Almond Pesto for this recipe. I can honestly say it combines perfectly. However, the store-bought pesto can be used too.
I’m not a huge fan of pizzas but portobello pizza is a different story. I love portobellos or any other mushrooms. I remember the time when I was growing up in Europe and I had different variety of mushrooms to choose from. Here in Canada, as well as US we have only few types of mushrooms. But that’s ok, if they have portobello I’m happy:)
I love vegetarian dishes. Maybe you know that already. I didn’t have to have meat everyday. I think that plant based dishes taste good as meat dishes. Lately, I can’t stop eating Carrot Zucchini Fritters. I got lots of zucchinis couple days ago and I am planning to make fritters. YUM!
These portobello pizza is perfect for meatless Mondays or even for a party as appetizer. It’s easy to make and taste delicious! Pesto, powerful and very popular quinoa, seasonal veggies –> this is all you need for this recipe.
Pesto Quinoa Portobello Pizza
- 4 large portobellos
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 4 slices of green pepper
- 4 slices of yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano shredded
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash portobellos and remove the stems. Scrape black gills inside of portobello (optional).
- Oil portobellos on both sides. Place on baking sheet.
- Inside of each portobello put pesto, quinoa, slice of tomato, slice of green pepper and slice of yellow pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add Parmigiano Reggiano.
If you like Pesto Quinoa Portobello Pizza see…