Sweet Potato gnocchi topped with butter and brown sugar.
These sweet potato gnocchi are made with just couple simple ingredients: sweet potato, flour and 1 egg. They are smeared with melted butter and topped with brown sugar. I didn’t know what to name my “dumplings” if they are gnocchi or not. I thought this name will be perfect and everyone will know what the recipe is.
My children loved these sweet potato gnocchi. They are totally 100% kid-approved. They were asking for more so when I get my sweet potato from the store I’ll be making them again. At first I thought that maybe I should keep them savory. But I quickly realized that sweet potato is sweet and it will be perfect to make them with butter (so good!) and brown sugar.
These are the perfect sweet potato gnocchi that I had. I wanted to share with you my recipe on my blog. So if you’ll have a chance just make them. There are so tasty and so easy to make. You and your children will be asking for more. Obviously, the BEST gnocchi ever:)
This is the type of dinner that I can serve to my children. They have some amount of sweet potato that I’m happy. They don’t usually eat sweet potato.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sweet potato cooked & mashed
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Fill large pot with water and bring to boil while you are working on gnocchi.
- In a large bowl mix flour with sweet potato, egg and pinch of salt.
- Knead by hand to form a ball. If it becomes to sticky add a little more flour.
- Divide into 3 balls. Take each ball and roll a "snake." Cut into small pieces.
- Insert gnocchi into boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes. If they are cooked they will come to the top of the water. Drain.
- Melt butter in the saucepan. Top gnocchi with melted butter and brown sugar.
Have you ever made gnocchi?
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
If you like these Sweet Potato Gnocchi don’t forget to check