Sweet Potato gnocchi topped with butter and brown sugar.
These sweet potato gnocchi are made with just couple simple ingredients: sweet potato, flour and 1 egg. They are smeared with melted butter and topped with brown sugar. I didn’t know what to name my “dumplings” if they are gnocchi or not. I thought this name will be perfect and everyone will know what the recipe is.
My children loved these sweet potato gnocchi. They are totally 100% kid-approved. They were asking for more so when I get my sweet potato from the store I’ll be making them again. At first I thought that maybe I should keep them savory. But I quickly realized that sweet potato is sweet and it will be perfect to make them with butter (so good!) and brown sugar.
These are the perfect sweet potato gnocchi that I had. I wanted to share with you my recipe on my blog. So if you’ll have a chance just make them. There are so tasty and so easy to make. You and your children will be asking for more. Obviously, the BEST gnocchi ever:)
This is the type of dinner that I can serve to my children. They have some amount of sweet potato that I’m happy. They don’t usually eat sweet potato.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sweet potato, cooked & mashed
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Fill large pot with water and bring to boil while you are working on gnocchi.
- In a large bowl mix flour with sweet potato, egg and pinch of salt.
- Knead by hand to form a ball. If it becomes to sticky add a little more flour.
- Divide into 3 balls. Take each ball and roll a "snake." Cut into small pieces.
- Insert gnocchi into boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes. If they are cooked they will come to the top of the water. Drain.
- Melt butter in the saucepan. Top gnocchi with melted butter and brown sugar.
Have you ever made gnocchi?
If you like these Sweet Potato Gnocchi don’t forget to check