Impress your guests with this fancy leek salad with salmon served on French Baguette.
For couple of weeks now I am obsessed with smoked salmon and whenever I am in store I buy it. I usually eat it with chive or mustard. However, recently I tried with my leek salad that I make often at my home. It was great combination and I already knew that I have to make a blog post with recipe.
Salmon is very mild in taste. That’s why it tastes great with stronger flavors like chive, onion, mustard or horseradish. Or even lemon pairs perfectly with this fish. I used it for my Easy Lemon Rosemary Salmon dinner few months ago.
The whole concept of my salad served on french baguette was to make elegant and special appetizer for a party. Therefore, if you are planning to make Christmas Party; this fancy appetizer is great for this occasion.
Leek Salad with Salmon on French Baguette
- 1 leek about 3 cups sliced leek
- 4 eggs hard-boiled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt/pepper to taste
- 10 - 14 slices of smoked salmon
- french baguette 10 - 14 slices
- Slice the leek and place in a large bowl. To soften the leek: boil the water and pour over the leek, just enough to cover it. Leave it for 10 minutes. Do not cook.
- Drain really well and cool off.
- Dice the hard-boiled eggs and put in a large bowl. Add drained leek. Add mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the ingredients.
- Slice french baguette.
- Put leek salad on french baguette.
- Roll the salmon and put on top.