Baked salmon fillet with sweet and tangy maple mustard dressing.
I just created perfect appetizer dish that is very easy to make and so delicious. Actually, I can correct myself I had some leftover salmon from dinner and I thought that crackers + salmon will be perfect together. I’ve added some lettuce, small leafs from Spring Mix that I buy at Costco and chopped chive.
At first I thought that I should give a little “twist” to my salmon, and I came out with the idea of maple mustard dressing. It so good and perfectly complement with salmon. Believe me.. sweet maple and mustard goes very well together. Actually I use maple syrup often in my baking and cooking. It is not so processed like regular sugar.
I eat fish often, but I think salmon fillet is my favorite. Easy Lemon Rosemary Salmon that I made before is flavorful with rosemary herb and a hint of butter. I always knew that salmon fillet will be perfect solution for any appetizer. It’s quick to bake or grill, and also it can be seasoned with any type of herbs.
I’ve used a circle-shaped crackers for this recipe. I think that circle cracker holds every ingredient nicely. Small lettuce leafs were perfectly sized as well. But if you have a large lettuce, just cut into smaller pieces. A perfect appetizer for any party!
Salmon Fillet with Maple Mustard Dressing
- 7 - 8 oz. salmon
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- salt/pepper to taste
- 24 crackers
- 24 small lettuce leafs or cut-out
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chive
- Melt butter, add salt, pepper.
- Marinate the salmon fillet and put in the aluminum foil and close tightly. Pour a little water on the small frying pan. Put salmon with aluminum foil (still closed tightly) into the pan. Cover and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes on low heat. If you notice there is no water add some.
- Cool off, cut salmon into small pieces.
- In a small bowl mix ingredients for dressing: greek yogurt, dijon mustard and maple syrup.
- Put lettuce leafs on crackers, then salmon. Top with some dressing. Sprinkle chive on the top.
Is salmon your favorite fish?
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
If you love Salmon fillet check this recipe…
This post contains affiliate links. If you will purchase through these links I will receive a small percentage of the sale price. All opinions are my own. Thank you!