Delicious crunchy cinnamon caramel apple bars.
I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving here in Canada couple days ago. It is perfect time to spend with family and friends. I’m getting used to having Thanksgiving before Halloween. The weather was very nice and sunny. While I remember gloomy and colder November Thanksgiving in US. I really cherished this time.
Especially for our Canadian Thanksgiving I made these cinnamon caramel apple bars. They were so good and everyone loved them. They are made with buttery crunchy crust and apples. Cinnamon adds addition flavor. Because cinnamon + apples are meant together. Caramel is formed right on the pan when you are cooking apples. I’ve made the best decision by adding brown sugar to these caramel apple bars.
If you will be looking for some November Thanksgiving recipes, make these cinnamon caramel apple bars. You’ll see they will be eaten so quickly. I can also suggest these Mini Coconut Pumpkin Cheesecakes and Cinnamon Pumpkin Apple Muffins for any holidays or party gathering.
Baking with apples reminds me cold evenings and colorful leafs. The trees are so beautiful here in Ontario, very stunning view. I am still planning to go apple farm picking with my children. Are you going apple picking? How do spend your Fall?
Cinnamon Caramel Apple Bars
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter + 4 Tbsp.
- 6 large apples, peeled & diced
- 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, confectioner's sugar, egg and a pinch of salt. Shred 1/2 cup cold butter and combine with flour. Knead the dough by hand or in the mixer with dough hook attachment.
- Make a ball, cover with foil and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large pan melt 4 Tbsp. butter, add apples and cook on low-medium heat for 10 minutes. When apples will be soft add cinnamon and brown sugar. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare 13 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut about 3/4 dough. Leave the rest for the top.
- Spread 3/4 dough on the bottom of the baking pan nicely. Add apples.
- In the end shred the remaining dough and spread on the top of the apples.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3437kcal Calories from fat 511|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 57g||88%|
|Saturated Fat 32g||160%|
|Dietary Fiber 46g||184%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|