Easy Apple Crumble Muffins are packed with diced apples and topped with cinnamon, brown sugar and walnuts.
I just made these apple crumble muffins in the morning and I wasn’t sure how will they taste. I was skeptical after seeing thick batter. I thought maybe I gave not enough milk or greek yogurt. I was worried if I will have a great post or “muffin failure”.
However, I was totally wrong they were so good! Full of apples, moist and sweet. Fluffy muffins were perfect for my mid morning snack. I couldn’t resist trying my baked goods.
Apples are in season right now, so get some apples and bake these yummy muffins. You’ll love them.
I didn’t want to leave my muffins plain so I prepared the best crumble topping. Just mixture of flour, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar and walnuts. Also, I didn’t use any mixer to make these muffins. Just spatula will do everything. Very easy!
I usually bake my muffins with half whole wheat flour and half all-purpose flour. However, this time I just used all-purpose flour and that’s why they are so fluffy.
You probably noticed that I usually use cane sugar in my recipes, but if you would like to use white sugar that’s totally perfect too.
Apple Crumble Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 medium-sized apples diced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a muffin pan with 12 liners. Spray liners with oil.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cane sugar and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, add milk, greek yogurt, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Add diced apples and fold until all ingredients are incorporated well.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon. Add walnuts.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin liners. Add crumble on top.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool off on wire rack.