I think I didn’t tell you that I’m crazy about potatoes. I love them all: mashed potatoes, baked potato… any type & any recipe. White potatoes and red potatoes are my favorite. They are very often on my plate during dinner time. Recently, I made delicious baked potato topped with sauteed mushrooms. It will be definitely seen more often at my house.
If I love potatoes I’m not sure why my older son is not so passionate about them; he prefers pasta. I will always choose potatoes instead of rice, pasta or quinoa. They are always at my home and I’ve never run out of potatoes. The one thing that I’m not so passionate about are fries. I don’t really like them. I can eat them but it’s not my favorite thing. However, if you say baked potato, mashed potato or cooked potatoes… I’m in! In Europe we even make dumplings with potatoes. They are my favorite. It is a lot of work to make them but it’s totally worth it.
I made this baked potato with lots of mushrooms, onions & mozzarella cheese. Yum! Baked potato topped with gooey cheese is my favorite. I skipped meat for this recipe. Hmmm… I am making more meatless dinners lately. But I love them. That’s what I can say. I added frozen green beans to keep it simple and healthy. Of course I cooked them first:)
Baked potato takes a long time to cook. About 1 hour to 90 minutes. But still recipe is very simple to make. Oh.. I am dreaming now about potato recipes and this Potato Pancakes with Dill, Parsley and Red Cabbage. So good:)
Are you a potato lover or will you choose something else instead?
Mushroom Baked Potato
- 1 large white potato
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash potato and poke with fork, oil the potato.
- Place on the pan and cook uncovered in the oven for approximately 60 - 90 minutes.
- Check after 1 hour with a fork how soft is potato. If it's ready take it out.
- In the frying pan melt butter and saute diced onions for 5 - 10 minutes. If the pan is to dry add a little more butter or water.
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute for another 5 - 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the pot cook 1 cup green beans according to the package.
- When the baked potato is ready; cut in half. Add mushrooms,onions and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 5 - 10 minutes until the cheese will melt.
Double ingredients if you would like to make more than 1 serving.