So I was searching the internet lately for oat flour recipes and I could not find any interesting recipe. I end up making my own oat flour almond plum cookies with raisins. I used coconut oil and pure maple syrup to make it extra healthy. I use coconut oil a lot, I try to substitute whenever I can, for example I use it instead of butter or oil. I love the smell around the house at that time.
I can honestly say that it was not my first attempt working with oat flour… I developed recipe lately and I did not like it, I had to improve it and work more with oat flour. I can really say I love OATS , I eat them a lot and my children too. You can probably notice because I use a lot of oats in my recipes, for example this healthy cocoa honey oat muffins or this maple sunflower seeds granola.
Let’s go back to this oat flour almond plum cookies… they are success.. they taste very good and they are packed with healthy ingredients like almonds, dried plum and raisins. I am telling you they are perfect! Try them and let me know what you think:) I promise you will not be disappointed with these cookies. I will definitely make more healthy recipes in the future. Maybe it will be best after Holidays, when I promised to myself to lose a weight:) I know I am saying this over and over again…hehehe
Oat Flour Almond Plum Cookies
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/ 4 cup pure maple syrup
- 20 almonds crushed
- 15 dried plums cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients: oat flour, rolled oats, quick oats, baking soda and pinch of salt.
- In another bowl mix wet ingredients: egg, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix a little with a spoon to combine all ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients very well.
- Add almonds, raisins, plums. Mix everything together.
- Form small balls and lay on baking pan (it will be sticky - do not be alarmed).
- Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes.