Healthy whole wheat parmesan cauliflower fritters
At first I loved the idea of cauliflower fritters, before making them I decided which ingredients to use. However, when I was preparing these fritters I was very skeptical if I should use regular whole wheat flour or if they even will taste good. I was not sure what to expect. They did not look appealing when I was making them. But I was not right, they are totally delicious! I love them:)
I like cauliflower and of course parmesan so I thought this is great combination. I made it very healthy (except for the frying). I served them with spaghetti sauce to add them a little more flavor. They are meatless and perfect for dinner or even appetizer.
Parmesan Cauliflower Fritters
- Half head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarela cheese
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- water to boil cauliflower
- Canola Oil to fry fritters
- Bring water to boil, put cauliflower and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- After 10 minutes drain off the water, and wash cauliflower under cold water.
- Mash cauliflower (but not completely).
- Add egg, flour, parmesan, mozzarela cheese, salt and pepper.
- Heat an oil on frying pan.
- Make fritters and fry them on both sides.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 153kcal Calories from fat 72|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 8g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|