Sweet Zucchini bites drizzled with chocolate are crunchy, sweet and soft.
Maybe summer is over already but you can still find zucchini at the store. I love adding vegetables to my baked goods. Zucchini adds so much moist to any baked goods. I know that I serve veggie to my children. They don’t even know it. Once I told them that I’m baking with vegetables and they didn’t even believe me. So it’s a plus for me.
I can bake with zucchini, sweet potato or pumpkin whenever I want.
In my Red Currant Zucchini Scones that I baked couple weeks ago; you couldn’t even notice that zucchini is inside. However, in these zucchini bites you can clearly see some green. I was worried that my children will see it. But obviously they didn’t even notice and ate lots of them.
These zucchini bites are crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside. I drizzled them with some chocolate but this is optional. If you like some chocolate on top just make some. However, they are delicious even without the chocolate.
I also added some whole wheat flour but only all-purpose flour can be used if you prefer softer texture. They are very quick to prepare and bake very quickly. After 10 minutes of baking you can enjoy these zucchini bites.
Would you like to see more? Follow me: FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, GOOGLE+, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, or SUBSCRIBE to receive recipes in your inbox!
Sweet Zucchini Bites with Chocolate
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter shredded
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray the surface with oil.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cane sugar.
- Add the butter and knead until all ingredients combine well.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg, add greek yogurt, zucchini and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- Pour wet mixture over dry and mix well with a spoon. Knead the dough a little until the mixture will combine. Add some flour if the dough is to wet and hard to knead.
- Scoop the dough with ice cream scoop or form small balls.
- Bake for 10 - 13 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave or use double boiler method (fill lower pan with water, bring water to simmer, take off from heat, put chocolate chips in top pan and stir). Add oil.
- Drizzle zucchini bites.
I’ve never baked cookies with zucchini before, but I use it a lot in cooking. I wonder if you can taste the zucchini?
No you can’t taste the zucchini:) In some baked goodies you can’t even notice that zucchini is there, for example in these Red Currant Zucchini Scones
These look so good! 😀 I need to try baking with zucchini!
I love baking with zucchini:)
Marissa - Postcards To Seattle
Ohhh this looks delicious! I’m hungry now. 🙂
OMG- get in my belly!!
Yes, it is good:) Thanks!
Rachel @ Simple Seasonal
Looks so good! I love justifying my sweet tooth cravings by adding veg to the batter 😉
Joscelyn | Wifemamafoodie
These sound so scrumptious, Ilona, almost like a scone! They’d be the perfect treat to enjoy with my coffee! Love how they have zucchini too 🙂
I agree, they are similar too scones:) Thank you Joscelyn!
Callie | Flour and Fancy
Zucchini meets chocolate? I love it! Thank you for sharing, Ilona! 🙂
These sound delicious and would fit nicely into the British category of “buns”. I’ve also added beetroot, parsnips and even Jerusulum artichokes to my cakes – all with great success.
Wow, I have to try with beetroot, parsnip and artichokes. Great idea!
These look delicious. I use to make a zucchini bread but I lost the recipe in my move so this is great!!
Sina @ Vegan Heaven
What a great recipe, Ilona! I love baking with zucchini! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Sina!
Super interesting recipe! These actually look like coconut cookies! 😀
Thanks Howie for your visit!
Wow this is a very interesting and really way cool recipe ilona love zuchini from fried to roasted I’ve even had zuchini cake muffins but @ bites drizzled with chocolate am gonna hafta try on my to bake list thanx for posting darlin cheers