Simple to make colorful and fun open faced afternoon tea sandwiches made with English muffin, cream cheese, fruits and veggies. Yummy healthy breakfast ideas for kids.
Pretty, fun and creative food snack that you can make with kids. These open faced sandwiches are great for spring, Easter or afternoon tea parties. They are very easy to make with fruits and veggies. Moreover, they can be topped with honey or hemp seeds. In addition, this is healthy and nutritious snack for children and adults as well.
OUR LATEST VIDEOS
How to make Afternoon Tea Sandwiches
Firstly, prepare all ingredients to make cold sandwiches. Fruits, veggies and spreads. To make bunnies prepare cheese, red pepper, cucumber, corn, green peas and celery stalk. After that, cut English muffin into half. Secondly, cut ears from red pepper. Add on top of the muffin, add cheese. Add the rest veggies as eyes, whiskers, teeth and nose. Moreover, bake at 350 F for 5 – 10 minutes. After that, to make flowers slice banana, strawberries and kiwi. Spread cream cheese. Put sliced fruits around the edges. Add blueberries, grapes and raspberries in the middle. Additionally, drizzle with honey.
What you should put on Open Faced Sandwiches
- Spreads like butter, cream cheese, shredded cheese, honey, peanut butter, almond butter etc.
- Any type of fruits for instance: banana, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, mango, pineapple etc.
- Any type of vegetables: green peas, sweet peppers, cucumber, corn, celery, carrot, zucchini etc.
Tips to make Simple Open Faced Sandwiches for kids
- The main point is to have fun with children to create afternoon tea sandwiches together. Cut and prepare all ingredients for them and they can assembly pretty flowers and bunnies by themselves.
- Moreover, instead of the English muffin you can use bagels or sliced baguette.
- In addition, you can sprinkle the open faced English muffin with hemp seeds or chia seeds.
What to serve for drink with Afternoon Tea Sandwiches?
- Any type of tea for instance flavored fruit tea, Breakfast tea, English tea etc.
- Coffee, latte, cappuccino for adults.
- Raspberry Pink Lemonade
- Healthy Lime Refresher
- Orange Watermelon Slushie
Open Faced Afternoon Tea Sandwiches
- 6 English muffins
- 1 cucumber small
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 Tbsp. corn
- 1 Tbsp green peas
- 1 celery stalk small
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 banana
- 2 kiwis
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut English muffin in half. Cut red pepper into ears and put on the muffin. Put mozzarella cheese.
- Slice cucumber to make a nose, use corn for teeth, green peas for eyes. Cut celery stick lengthwise into small strips to make whiskers. Put on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Cut English muffin into half. Spread cream cheese.
- Slice strawberries, banana and kiwi.
- Assembly the flowers by placing banana, strawberries or kiwi around the edges of the muffin.
- Add raspberries, grapes or blueberries in the middle of the English muffin.
- Drizzle with honey.
Update Notes: The recipe was first published on March 20, 2015. It is updated with new photos and ideas.