Moist and cakey vanilla almond bundt cake glazed with lemon icing and topped with silvered almonds. Delicious dessert perfect for any occasion!
One of the easiest recipe that you can make with few simple ingredients. It is moist thanks to the almond meal and lots of butter. The glaze on top adds additional lemon flavor. Definitely, I think it is perfect for an Easter brunch or as a dessert after dinner. However, you can bake any other holiday! Your guests will love it and they will be asking for more.
How to make Vanilla Bundt Cake
First of all prepare all ingredients. All-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, unsalted butter, cane sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Secondly, combine all flours together with baking powder and set aside. Thirdly, beat butter with sugar using electric mixer. Add eggs each at a time, add vanilla extract. Finally, combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes.
How to make Bundt Cake Glaze
Firstly, combine powdered sugar with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Check the consistency of the icing. If it is too thick add a little more water. It it will become too watery add some powdered sugar. You just need to find a perfect balance. However, try not to make it too watery or too thick.
Tips to make Moist Cake
- In this bundt cake the almond flour adds some moisture. It has equal amount of all purpose flour and almond flour. I don’t recommend to replace the almond flour with another flour.
- Also, add more vanilla extract if you prefer stronger flavor.
- Bake in 9″ bundt cake pan or preferably smaller. I used my 9″ because this is the one that I have at home. The cake wasn’t very high but it was perfect. However, I think smaller pan would be better.
- Moreover, glaze with lemon icing when the cake is not hot. Otherwise the icing will melt and it will drip out from the bundt cake.
- In addition, add silvered almonds exactly at the same time when glazing.
- Consider making a complete Easter Brunch Menu with recipes for Stuffed Eggs, Cherry Mint Lemonade and Baguette with Three Cheese.
Other Dessert Recipes:
Would you like to see more? Follow me: FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, or SUBSCRIBE to receive recipes and party themes in your inbox!
Glazed Almond Vanilla Bundt Cake
Vanilla Bundt Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 - 4 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
Vanilla Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Smear with butter 9" or smaller bundt cake pan. Sprinkle some flour.
- In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl mix with electric mixer butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, each at a time and mixing all the time. Combine all ingredients very well. Add vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine with spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes until inserted toothpick will come out clean.
- Remove from oven. Leave it for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and cool off on wire rack.
- In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar with lemon juice. Add about 2 tablespoons of water, check consistency. If it requires more water add one more tablespoon. Check consistency again, if it is too thick add one more tablespoon.
- Glaze the bundt cake. Sprinkle some slivered almonds on top.
Update Notes: The recipe was first published in March 18, 2016. It was updated with new step by step photos and more tips.
This is a beautiful looking almond cake – photos are gorgeous! I’ll bet it tastes as good as it looks 🙂
Yes, it is very delicious:) Thank you Tamara!
I love finding easy recipes that are made from scratch! Will definitely be trying this soon!
I love recipes from scratch too! Thank you Susan!
ginger and scotch
Your almond bundt cake sound like a winner. I have a bundt pan and have been looking around for a recipe to make in it.
This one is so easy to make:) Thank you!
Claudia | Gourmet Project
this is going to be my Easter breakfast can’t wait!
I hope you’ll love it as much as we do! Thanks Claudia!
Whisk It Real Gud (@Whiskitrealgud1)
Yum I love almond cake. I’m sure it’s as good as it looks. I’m imagining the almond flavor! Yum!
Yes it is perfect! Thank you!
Looks and sounds delicious. What is the icing on the top?
Thank you so much Jenn! The icing on the cake is only icing with milk and powdered sugar. About 1 – 2 tsp.milk and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. Warm up the milk, add the powdered sugar and whisk vigorously. If it’s to watery add some powdered sugar, if it’s too thick add a little more milk. Then decorate the bundt cake right away with the icing.
I’m a sucker for bundt cakes. Love the almond topping.
Thanks so much Mica for visiting my blog:)
Mark, Compass & Fork
I’ve never made a bundt cake. This looks great. I think I’ll try this one. Nice recipe.
After this one I know I need to bake some more bundt cake:) Thanks Mark!
Excellent I love the flavour of almonds in a cake and this sounds right up my street.
I love the flavor of almonds too. Thanks Brian!
Wow I’m really surprised by how simple the recipe looks. I always thought these were elaborate and time consuming. Looks great!!
It is actually so simple. I thought so too before but now I know this is so easy:) Thank you Sarah!
Looks so soft and moist. Perfectly made Bundt Cake 🙂
It is! Thank you so much!
I love bundt cakes! And almond is a great addition 😀 so super moist!
That’s right! Thank you:)
Marsha | Marsha's Baking Addiction
I LOVE almond flavoured cake and desserts! This looks absolutely delicious! Pinned!
Thank you Marsha!
Made this cake last night, tightly covered it then iced and served this afternoon. Dry. Not at all soft and moist. Thank goodness for ice cream. Followed recipe exactly. Measured precisely. No changes made. Baked as directed for 40 minutes. Anyone else experience this? What went wrong?
I am sorry that you had unsuccessful baking. I will retest that recipe again. I am not sure what went wrong, maybe baked to much (different ovens bake differently) or maybe butter and sugar needs more beating with the mixer. Also, this cake is not the kind of a wet cake but it is not dry either. I will definitely make it again to see how it is. Thank you for your comment and trying my recipe Julia!
Best Juicers And Grinders
My favorite cake I love this recipe.