Moist and cakey vanilla almond bundt cake glazed with lemon icing and topped with silvered almonds. Delicious dessert perfect for any occasion!
One of the easiest recipe that you can make with few simple ingredients. It is moist thanks to the almond meal and lots of butter. The glaze on top adds additional lemon flavor. Definitely, I think it is perfect for an Easter brunch or as a dessert after dinner. Or you can bake any other holiday! Your guests will love it and they will be asking for more.
How to make Vanilla Bundt Cake
First of all prepare all ingredients. All-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, unsalted butter, cane sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Secondly, combine all flours together with baking powder and set aside. Thirdly, beat butter with sugar using electric mixer. Add eggs each at a time, add vanilla extract. Finally, combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes.
How to make Bundt Cake Glaze
Firstly, combine powdered sugar with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Check the consistency of the icing. If it is too thick add a little more water. It it will become too watery add some powdered sugar. You just need to find a perfect balance. Try not to make it too watery or too thick.
Tips to make Moist Cake
- In this bundt cake the almond flour adds some moisture. It has equal amount of all purpose flour and almond flour. I don’t recommend to replace the almond flour with another flour.
- Also, add more vanilla extract if you prefer stronger flavor.
- Bake in 9″ bundt cake pan or preferably smaller. I used my 9″ because this is the one that I have at home. The cake wasn’t very high but it was perfect. However, I think smaller pan would be better.
- Moreover, glaze with lemon icing when the cake is not hot. Otherwise the icing will melt and it will drip out from the bundt cake.
- Add silvered almonds exactly at the same time when glazing.
- Consider making a complete Easter Brunch Menu with recipes for Stuffed Eggs, Cherry Mint Lemonade and Baguette with Three Cheese.
Other Dessert Recipes:
Glazed Almond Vanilla Bundt Cake
Vanilla bundt cake made with almond flour and glazed with lemon icing.
Vanilla Bundt Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 - 4 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
Vanilla Bundt Cake
Preheat oven to 350 F. Smear with butter 9" or smaller bundt cake pan. Sprinkle some flour.
In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
In a separate large bowl mix with electric mixer butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, each at a time and mixing all the time. Combine all ingredients very well. Add vanilla extract.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine with spatula.
Bake for 40 minutes until inserted toothpick will come out clean.
Remove from oven. Leave it for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and cool off on wire rack.
In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar with lemon juice. Add about 2 tablespoons of water, check consistency. If it requires more water add one more tablespoon. Check consistency again, if it is too thick add one more tablespoon.
Glaze the bundt cake. Sprinkle some slivered almonds on top.
Adapted from mojewypieki.com
Update Notes: The recipe was first published in March 18, 2016. It was updated with new step by step photos and more tips.