Easy, soft cut out sugar cookies frosted with cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with colorful Easter sprinkles. Only few ingredients required to make these yummy cookies. They are great for Spring parties, Easter or First Holy Communion.
I’ve been baking these cookies for a long time now. They are the best, soft, easy cut out sugar cookies ever. It is our tradition to basically make them for any holiday. While Easter is approaching quickly I realized I want to post some Easter recipe on the blog. So here you go I’ve got these sprinkled cookies that are perfect to make at home with your children. My younger son loves decorating them.
First of all, my secret to these cookies is that I don’t chill my dough neither I use cold butter. Therefore, let me tell you how I make my Easter cut out sugar cookies. I need only flour, powdered sugar, softened butter, [easyazon_link identifier=”B0046EJ570″ locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]vanilla extract[/easyazon_link] and 1 egg. Firstly, I combine all ingredients together and I make a ball. I divide the dough and I roll each dough on flat surface where I also cut out cookies with cookie cutters. Don’t be scared to flour the surface often and a lot. This will prevent the dough from sticking to the surface. There are plenty of [easyazon_link identifier=”B06X93VZTN” locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]Easter cookie cutters[/easyazon_link] that you can buy. I have two types of cut out sugar cookies: [easyazon_link identifier=”B079C3T7GQ” locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]egg [/easyazon_link] and [easyazon_link identifier=”B000F7ID2K” locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]cross[/easyazon_link].
For these cookies I also made the most incredible frosting with 3 easy ingredients: cream cheese, powdered sugar and butter. To give an extra touch to my fresh cookies I use colorful [easyazon_link identifier=”B00U1NISIW” locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]spring sprinkles[/easyazon_link]. I got mine at bulk barn here in Canada, but you can simply buy them everywhere now. I also added some fresh fruits like strawberries and blueberries.
Easter Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 4 oz. half brick cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. softened unsalted butter
- 5 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare baking pan with parchment paper or [easyazon_link identifier="B00008T960" locale="US" tag="ilospas-20"]silpat.[/easyazon_link]
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and set aside.
- In another bowl beat with electric mixer butter with powdered sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat all ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and knead by hand or with the mixer and dough attachment.
- Divide the section into two. Flour the surface and roll one dough until about 1/4 thick. It depends also how thick you prefer your cookies. Cut the cookies with cookie cutter. Make the same with section 2. Work on the dough until you cutout all cookies. Lay nicely on parchment paper. Bake for 6 - 10 minutes. Start checking after 6 minutes so they will not burn out.
- Cool off cookies completely.
- To make frosting beat cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer until smooth.
- Decorate each cookie, add sprinkles and optional strawberries/blueberries.
- They are fine for a day on the countertop but they should be stored in airtight container in the fridge if you keep them longer then 1 day since they are frosted with cream cheese.
If you like Easter Cut Out Sugar Cookies check more recipes for Easter…