Ice cream cake with pureed strawberries and tiny pieces of banana perfect for any party!
My younger son had a birthday lately and I thought that maybe I should make cake at home. Ice cream cake is always a hit. We usually buy it from the store but this time I thought it will be fun to make at home. The best part about ice cream cake is that if there are some leftovers from the party you can simply leave it in the freezer and eat it tomorrow or in couple of days.
Strawberries + bananas are my favorite so, I’ve decided to make simple ice cream cake filled with pureed strawberries and diced bananas. I actually used Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe from my blog for the bottom of the cake. Then I just made top “white” part of the ice cream cake in banana flavor. The bottom of the strawberry cake can be substituted for store bought ice cream if you prefer.
The cake itself can be stored in the freezer for couple of weeks. I kept mine about 2 weeks and it was still good. I also noticed that it’s not hard to cut. However, the best option is to remove the cake from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
You can also decorate however you prefer. I had dark chocolate acai with blueberry on hand at my home and I used them for my strawberry banana ice cream cake for decoration.
Strawberry Banana Ice Cream Cake
- 3 cups Strawberry Ice Cream softened
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 - 4 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
- 1 banana diced
- chocolate chips
- Prepare 8" inch pan with parchment paper laying on the bottom.
- Whip the whipping cream with confectioners sugar until the soft peak is reached (add more sugar according to your taste).
- Add diced banana and mix.
- Spread Strawberry Ice Cream on the bottom, put banana ic cream layer. Decorate with chocolate chips or shredded chocolate.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours.
If you like Strawberry Ice Cream Cake see..