Healthy almond honey chia granola is perfect for breakfast or snack.
Summer is coming to an end. We still have nice warm weather but evenings and nights are colder now. I don’t complain I like this weather. When it’s a little cooler outside. I can spend more time outside walking and exploring the Canadian nature.
I’m also happy for upcoming Fall. Pumpkin baking, Halloween recipes etc. Now it will be time when we will turn on our ovens and prepare for upcoming Holidays. I’m in the mood for that right now:)
Let’s talk about my honey almond chia granola. I bet you heard many healthy benefits of chia seeds. Just to summarize chia is packed with fibre and omega-3 fatty acids. It helps to maintain healthy bones and teeth, stabilizes blood sugar and is a great source of protein. There are tons of recipes on the web right now. I really like Strawberry Chia Smoothie. Also I sprinkle my yogurt with chia seeds often.
The chia granola was so easy to make and I only used 6 Ingredients. My boys loved it. They add it to yogurt or milk. I love any granola, so I make it often at my home. Sometimes I use maple syrup or honey to sweeten the granola. I don’t use any other sugars.
Honey Almond Chia Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 Tbps. chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix oats, almonds and chia seeds. Set aside
- In a separate bowl whisk coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet with dry ingredients.
- Lay nicely on the baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. After 20 minutes stir granola to prevent clumping.
- Remove from oven and cool off completely.