Do you like sweet and sour all together? All these flavors are packed in these lemon cupcakes with a sweet and sour glaze. They are so easy to make so you can make them quickly from ingredients that you probably have already on hand. I noticed that some people will love glazed lemon cupcakes while others will not. I think you hate it or love it:)
I love lemons I always add them to my tea. But lemon cupcakes is a different story… adding lemons to cupcakes; this is nice combination of flavors. I personally love them, my older son likes everything but not the glaze and my younger son loves the glaze. Mixed feelings here in this house:) I think that without this sweet – sour glaze they will be just plain cupcakes, the glaze needs to be added for extra flavor.
These cupcakes are moist on the inside, because of the buttermilk addition. They are easy to make, yes I love very simple recipes as you probably already know that. I have used these pretty flags for my cupcakes to make them adorable. Yes… definitely printable decorations are a must at the party.
And…. because Christmas is coming soon you can download these “Merry Christmas” here in this post Free Printable Cupcake Flags. You can use them for these glazed lemon cupcakes or any other cupcakes. Red color flags with a hint of green. I love to design and create printable decorations. And these cupcake flags will look pretty at your party! I wonder how do you spend your Holidays?
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- lemon zest from 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium bowl sift flour with baking powder.
- In a large bowl mix sugar and butter until smooth. Add eggs; one at a time. Add lemon zest and 2 Tbsp. lemon juice. Mix all ingredients.
- Add flour and buttermilk, mix all ingredients with a wooden spoon until all combined.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until inserted toothpick will come out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to wire rack. Let them cool off.
- Mix confectioners sugar with 3 Tbsp. lemon juice. Spread nicely on cupcakes.