Christmas is approaching so quickly, I can’t believe it… this year went by so fast. I have to think about presents for my children. That is right I do not have presents yet. Lately they are into skating. So maybe I can get a hockey stick or something related to skating or hockey. They are hooked so much with Canadian winter sports. Today we went to a party in our city “Skate with Santa” and it was a blast. They were skating for the whole time. Then they had a hot chocolate which they love. Do you think that these chocolate mousse brownies will go perfect with hot chocolate? I think they will:)
I really like brownies, they are perfect for any Holiday… Christmas, Easter, Valentine’s Day etc. They are easy to make and there are so chocolaty. I bet probably everyone loves them. These sweet chocolate mousse brownies are so good! The mousse is also very chocolaty.
Actually, I can tell you I made this mousse twice… because I was not satisfied with the first topping so I had to fix it. I went to the store quickly again (second time in a day) to get ingredients that I just did not have on hand at home. It was a late night when I finished but I was finally happy with my results. The first mousse was perfect and delicious too, but to watery. These chocolate mousse brownies are topped with peppermint to add mint flavor and drizzled with chocolate. Are you ready for Holidays? Did you finish your Christmas shopping?
Peppermint Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 brick of cream cheese 8 oz. (room temperature)
- 1 pkg. small - 113g instant Jell-o chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups thawed cool whip or Truwhip
- Peppermint candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare 13" x 9" pan with parchment paper.
- In the pan melt butter, add sugars, cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Melt everything on low heat. Remove from the heat, cool off a little. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Fold in flour. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool off completely.
- Mix 2 Tbsp. hot water with cocoa powder. Cool off completely.
- Mix cream cheese, add water with cocoa. Add milk and chocolate jell-o.
- Fold in cool whip or truwhip.*
- Spread nicely on the brownies.
- Decorate with crushed peppermint candy canes.