Soft greek yogurt cheesecake bars made with butternut squash and drizzled with white chocolate. Perfect light dessert for Thanksgiving or any other day!
Since I remember I loved cheesecake. Any type of cheesecake is the most incredible dessert to me. I’ve made already my popular Raspberry Homemade Cheesecake Bars, Tiramisu Cheesecake and Mini Coconut Pumpkin Cheesecake. All these recipes you can find on the blog.
Recently, I was very intrigued by cheesecake recipes using greek yogurt. To tell you the truth I have any type of greek yogurt everyday at home. I use it almost in any recipe: salads, baked goods etc. I also like different flavors, so when you see my fridge you can notice any flavor of greek yogurt. Anyway, after seeing all these yummy recipes on Pinterest I wanted to bake greek yogurt cheesecake right away.
First of all it is autumn season, therefore pumpkin, squash and apples are popular. So, I thought that I will make butternut squash greek yogurt cheesecake bars. Butternut squash is a new vegetable to me. We did not eat it when I was growing up. However, after coming to America continent I was introduced to pumpkin and squash. I bought butternut squash last week and I made a spaghetti sauce and soup. I loved it and I knew that this veggie will be popular in my home. In addition, it is hard to peel and dice but everything is worth it in the end.
Therefore, I thought that I can use this squash in my greek yogurt cheesecake bars. Squash is mild in taste and I thought that dessert will taste great. I was right the butternut squash is perfect in sweet baked desserts. Finally, the cheesecake came out soft and delicate with flavors like cinnamon and nutmeg. Bake this butternut squash greek yogurt cheesecake bars this fall and you will definitely like it!
Butternut Squash Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/2 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 8 oz. brick greek yogurt cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup butternut squash puree
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Prepare 9 x 9 baking pan. Put parchment paper on the bottom.
- In a medium bowl combine graham crackers and melted butter. Press gently on the bottom of the 9 x 9 baking pan. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare cheesecake.
- In a medium bowl combine greek yogurt cream cheese and sugar. Mix until well combined with mixer. Add 1 egg and mix.
- Add greek yogurt, butternut squash puree, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined with electric mixer.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until center will not jiggle.
If you like Butternut Squash Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bars see…