This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareYourBrilliance #CollectiveBias
During fall and winter we eat more hearty food. Probably we are preparing our bodies for cold winter. Especially for this season I came out with two winter hearty recipes Beef Stew and Hearty Soup. Both recipes are very fulfilling and they are great for lunch at work or weeknight dinners. Making these two recipes I also thought about men that are working outside during winter. The stew and soup is great for them.
However, beef stew and hearty soup is perfect as potluck ideas for work. If you’ll have any potluck soon at your work make these 2 recipes. They are great for fall/winter season, fulfilling and delicious. The stew takes a little longer time to cook so start making the stew and when it’s cooking start preparing the soup.
To store my beef stew and hearty soup I purchased Rubbermaid Brilliance at my local Walmart. These food storage containers are great for storing liquid food like soups, stews, pasta sauces or smoothie bowls. They come in 4 sizes from 308 ml to 2.3 Liters.
What I liked the most about Rubbermaid Brilliance is they are leak-proof and nothing spills when containers are closed. Even when you put containers upside down or on the side. They are clear and you can see exactly what kind of food is inside. These food storage containers are stain and odor resistant which means that you can easily store beef stew with onions in them today and after washing you can use it for smoothie bowls. You won’t taste onions in your smoothie bowl.
Rubbermaid Brilliance food storage containers stacks perfectly one on another. It is great solution for storing them in the cabinet or refrigerator. They are very easy to wash by hand or in dishwasher. You can also heat up your food in microwave using Rubbermaid Brilliance food storage containers that are having vent flaps.
Therefore, Rubbermaid Brilliance storage containers are great for storing liquid food like beef stew or hearty soup. So if you are looking for any potluck ideas for work these two recipes are great. Easy to make, many servings and satisfying!
The beef stew is packed with lots of onions, sliced carrots and mushrooms. It is more like a traditional beef stew. However, the hearty soup is packed with many yummy ingredients like red kidney beans, bratwurst sausage, cabbage, carrots and buckwheat.
Are you ready to make your potluck?
- 2 lb (about 1kg) eye round beef
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 medium sized onions, sliced
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 beef bullion cube
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 10 cups water
- 5 bratwurst sausages
- 1/2 cup buckwheat
- 1 1/2 cabbage, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced and peeled
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, shredded or pressed.
- 19 oz. (540 ml) can of red kidney beans
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- pepper to taste
- Cut beef into 0,5 inch cubes. Heat the frying pan with oil. Add beef, cook on medium heat for both sides, about 15 minutes.
- Add beef to the large pot, add onions, mushrooms and carrots. Mix ingredients very well and cook for about 10 minutes mixing all the time. Add water and bullion cube. Cook on low-medium heat for 2 hours until meat is tender. Add salt and pepper.
- In a large pot pour water, add sausages and cook on medium heat for 1 hour. Remove the foam from the top. Remove the sausage from the pot. Cool off sausages a little and remove skin from bratwurst sausages and slice, add to the soup. Add buckwheat, cabbage, carrots, beef bullion, salt and garlic. Cook for 20 minutes until buckwheat and vegetables are cooked. Add kidney beans. Season with pepper and more salt if preferred.
- In the frying pan melt butter, add tomato paste cook on low heat for 1 - 2 minutes mixing all the time. Add it to the soup.
- Cook soup for 5 - 10 minutes until all ingredients will incorporate well together.