I made a very good hamburger with veggies and homemade sauce for dinner over the weekend. It was very moist and delicious. It was the same like I always eat at the restaurant. I love all fresh vegetables on it and easy to do sauce. This bun is not a typical hamburger bun and the ground beef is shaped as oval to suit this bun. I just prefer bread/buns that are crispy on the outside.
Hamburger Recipe with Veggies and Sauce
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 oz. chicken stock homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon Mccormick herb medley or any other seasoning
- 4-6 buns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 10-12 slices of tomato about 2 small tomatoes
- 10-12 slices of cucumber
- 1 small onion sliced
- Combine together: ground beef, egg, chicken stock, shredded carrot, mccormick herb medley, salt and some pepper. Form hamburgers, large or small (it depends how you prefer). Cook on the frying pan, griddle or George Foreman grill. I cooked on Foreman grill and it took me about 20 minutes. Hamburgers were medium well done.
- Prepare buns, put meat on each bun, add tomato, cucumber, lettuce and onion slices.
- Mix ketchup with mayonnaise and this will be delicious sauce added on the top of the hamburger.