Gingerbread cupcakes recipe with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and fancy molasses frosted with dulce de leche buttercream. Great for parties!
While Christmas is approaching quickly I prepared Gingerbread Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche. Honestly, I can’t believe how fast time went by. I was just in Poland, summer was here and now we are almost ending the year. New 2017 is approaching quickly. I am not sure if the time went so fast when I was younger or I just feel that way today.
Anyway, I started to make Christmas recipes and these gingerbread cupcakes are perfect for this holiday. They are quick to make, moist and delicious! They can be used for Christmas parties or any other parties during winter time. Or they can be made just without a reason, something to have for snack during weekdays!
I had leftover dulce de leche in my fridge and I thought that gingerbread cupcakes will combine well with it. Therefore, I went to my kitchen to make my cupcakes. The home was filled with nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and molasses. I was so happy how quickly they were made and I was more happy to find out that they are success. They rised so good and didn’t sink back, they are also moist. I also, used unsweetened applesauce in them and probably this is why the became moist. I also opted for the coconut sugar instead of regular sugar. They were very tasty!
If you are looking for more Christmas recipes check my Christmas Food Ideas and make sure to check my most popular recipe on the blog: Matcha Cupcakes with Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting.
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Dulce De Leche
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup almond milk
Dulce de Leche Buttercream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix coconut sugar with butter using electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add applesauce and mix. Add eggs, one at a time, mix all ingredients together. Add molasses and mix with electric mixer. Add almond milk and mix.
- Add half of the the ingredients and mix. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until all ingredients will incorporate well.
- Fill the liners about 3/4 high. Bake for about 25 minutes. Check if cupcakes are ready by inserting toothpick. If it will come out clean, the cupcakes are baked. Remove from oven and cool off for 10 minutes.
- Transfer on the wire rack. Cool off completely before frosting.
Dulce de Leche Buttercream
- Mix butter with powdered sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Add dulce de leche and mix until the ingredients will incorporate well.
- Frost each cupcake.
If you like Gingerbread Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche check…