I’ve decided to make a little tutorial and show you how easily I make my chicken stock.
Today’s post is a little different. I usually post recipes but after seeing lots of recipes that requires chicken stock, I wanted to include some tutorial for the chicken base that is perfect for any soup.
I make lots of soups at my home. They are healthy and contain lots of vegetables like carrots, parsnip, celery sticks and more. The chicken stock is my base for my soups. Sometimes if I would like to make vegetarian soup like Vegetarian Cabbage Soup. Therefore, I’ll just use plain water instead of my chicken base.
In order to make a perfect chicken base you need: chicken legs (or any other part of chicken), carrots, parsnip, celery stick, onion, bunch of parsley, salt an pepper. Also, the soup has to be cooked on low to medium heat. It shouldn’t be overheated. I usually slice the carrots. Celery stick and parsnip can be diced if you prefer smaller pieces. I add the half onion to my chicken stock, not diced or sliced. After cooking I remove it from the soup.
It is very simple to make this chicken stock at home. It is perfect for a base of any kind soup, it is homemade and packed with proteins and vegetables. Just – simply – healthy – stuff. Sometimes I serve with pasta and it’s our chicken soup at home. My children love it. Also, I take out the cooked chicken, cut into smaller pieces and put back into the soup.
Have you ever made chicken stock or do you prefer store-bought?
How to make Chicken Stock
- 12 cups water
- 2 chicken legs or any other part of chicken
- 3 medium-sized carrots peeled
- 1 small parsnip peeled
- 1 celery stick
- half onion peeled
- bunch of fresh parsley
- In the large pot pour water, add chicken legs. Cook on medium to low heat for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foam from top of the chicken stock.
- Slice carrots, cut parsnip into small pieces, cut or dice celery stick. Add to chicken stock.
- Add parsley and half onion (you don't have to slice or dice).
- Cook for 45 minutes on low heat until vegetables are soft.
- The chicken stock is ready.