Homemade garlic mashed potatoes recipe made only with few ingredients from scratch. One of the best creamy mashed potatoes for a crowd!
A perfectly smooth and silky mashed potatoes seasoned only with salt and a little bit of black pepper. They are the best for any holiday. Did you know that potatoes are packed with Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, fiber, magnesium and antioxidants? Obviously potatoes are packed with lots of nutrients. Therefore, they are definitely a staple in every kitchen. Moreover, they are so versatile and can be eaten in many forms. For example: pierogi, latkes, potato pancakes, fries, gnocchi, hash browns and more. Potatoes are eaten basically daily in many households. Therefore, this creamy garlic mashed potatoes are great addition to your holiday dish or weeknight dinner. They require about 30 minutes to cook.
How to Make Mash Potato
First of all, peel all potatoes and cook together with peeled garlic until soft. Secondly, add unsalted butter, milk, salt and black pepper. Mash potatoes with potato masher. Serve hot!
Tips to Make Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Boil potatoes until very soft.
- Boil potatoes together with whole garlic cloves. You don’t have to dice the garlic. Just peel and immerse into the water.
- Add butter and milk. If necessary add more milk to make potatoes smooth and silky. Always adjust your creaminess according to your wishes. There are different types and sizes of potatoes and sometimes you might need more milk than recipe states.
- Mash potatoes very well with potato masher.
- Top potatoes with chive, parsley or dill. It can be fresh or dried.
Other Recipes with Potatoes that you might like:
Homemade Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 9 potatoes large
- 1 whole garlic peeled
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Peel potatoes and dice. Place into the large pot with water.
- Add peeled garlic cloves.
- Cook on low-medium heat covered slightly for about 30 minutes until soft.
- Drain potatoes, mash with potato masher. Smashing garlic as well.
- Add milk, butter, salt and pepper. Mash all ingredients together.