These chocolate chip pancakes are great for breakfast or brunch. They are quick to make with few simple ingredients like greek yogurt, flour, egg and sugar.
I am not sure how it is in your house but in my house pancakes are seen very often. I like that I can make them quickly and I like that I can serve them with whatever I want. Any fruits or any other toppings like whipped cream, [easyazon_link identifier=”B00JZSUATO” locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]maple syrup[/easyazon_link] or chocolate is great. I hate to buy frozen pancakes. I am basically mainly focused on any food made from scratch. That’s why I even bought a [easyazon_link identifier=”B000BQO7ZM” locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]waffle iron[/easyazon_link] so I can make my waffles from scratch. Instead of buying frozen waffles I can have my own fresh yummy waffles. It is totally worth it.
However, I want to tell you more about these chocolate chip pancakes. They are so quick to make and they require only few ingredients: greek yogurt, butter, flour, baking powder, egg, sugar and [easyazon_link identifier=”B00932F6Y6″ locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]chocolate chips[/easyazon_link]. This time I tried using greek yogurt instead of milk and it was a good decision. I use greek yogurt a lot with my baking or cooking. I’ve noticed that pancakes came out more puffy than flat. I honestly can say that I like both variety of pancakes with milk or greek yogurt.
The chocolate chip pancakes came out so delicious and chocolaty. Also, I served them with [easyazon_link identifier=”B00JZSUATO” locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]maple syrup[/easyazon_link]. I know I will be making them more often at my home. They are great for breakfast, brunch or even as dessert.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup [easyazon_link identifier="B00932F6Y6" locale="US" tag="ilospas-20"]chocolate chips[/easyazon_link]
- Oil for cooking
- In a medium bowl combine flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, add greek yogurt and sugar. Mix everything together. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine. If the batter is very thick add a little milk.
- Fold in [easyazon_link identifier="B00932F6Y6" locale="US" tag="ilospas-20"]chocolate chips[/easyazon_link].
- Heat the pan and oil slightly. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter. Cook about 2 - 4 minutes on one side on medium to low heat. Then flip and cook for another 2 - 4 minutes. You can cover the pancake now to make sure that it will cook thoroughly.
- Serve with [easyazon_link identifier="B00JZSUATO" locale="US" tag="ilospas-20"]maple syrup[/easyazon_link] and fruits.