Sweet yeast rolls made with almond milk and stuffed with yummy nutella.
For a couple of days I was thinking what to do with my leftover almond milk that I had in the fridge. I love baking with almond milk but I don’t like it with my coffee. So I knew that’s not an option and my coffee should stay with regular cow’s milk.
So after awhile I’ve decided to make almond milk yeast rolls. This was the best idea ever. I also had lots of leftover Nutella from the trip to Costco. So I knew that I’ll make yeast rolls with nutella. I wanted cinnamon + brown sugar but I didn’t have it at my home. Therefore, I also didn’t want to go to the store to buy these ingredients. Nutella was the best option at this time.
I’ve got some few recipes for rolls on my blog already, for example: No yeast Cinnamon Rolls. My children like them so I’m making all versions often. They can easily pack these delicious rolls to school.
Let me tell you about the topping that I’ve made for these almond milk yeast rolls. This is one of the best topping made with cream cheese + almond milk. Totally delicious. To make the rolls vegan you can use vegan butter and omit cream cheese frosting. However, I don’t really recommend omitting the cream cheese frosting because it is a MUST:)))) It’s perfect addition for these yeast rolls. Believe me, it’s the best frosting ever!
Almond Milk Yeast Rolls
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 8 g. packet of instant yeast
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup nutella
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. almond milk
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- In a large bowl mix flour with sugar and yeast.
- In a separate glass bowl mix butter and almond milk. Warm up in microwave but don't make it hot.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Knead for 10 minutes.
- In a lightly oiled bowl place the dough and leave it covered on the countertop for 1 hour.
- After one hour when the dough will double in size. Lightly flour a work surface. Using your hands or kitchen roller make a rectangular about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread nutella evenly on the rectangular. Roll it to shape into a log and cut about 6-8 sections.
- Lightly oil the 9" pan, lay the rolls. Leave it covered for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake the rolls for about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese with butter, add almond milk and sugar. Mix until all combined.
- Spread nicely on baked rolls.
Do you prefer Nutella or Cinnamon Rolls?
If you like Almond Yeast Rolls check…