Traditional pancakes with naturally sweetened lime cherry sauce.
I make lots of pancakes at my home. My children love them. I prefer by making them at home rather than buying frozen pancakes from the store. It only takes couple of minutes. Probably less than 30 minutes and hot homemade breakfast can be served.
I’ve prepared a delicious sauce with cherries that it’s sweetened naturally. I also added some lime juice. The whole sauce it’s so good and perfectly suits these pancakes. My children ate them so quickly, we didn’t have any leftovers. However, I think they can be easily frozen. Next time I’ll make more so I will be able to freeze them for the future.
I’m always looking for some interesting breakfast “ideas” like waffles or oatmeal. Instead of serving a plain sandwich I like hot cakes or any other yummy dishes. I thought that any fruit in season will be perfect for a breakfast dish. I add sometimes chocolate chips to our hot cakes. And we love it that way to.
This sauce is out of this world–> sweet –> lime flavor –> cherries. So easy to make and so perfect. I couldn’t stop eating it. Quick and delicious; this is how I like it.
Pancakes with Lime Cherry Sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups cherries pitted & cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 - 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- In a small bowl mix flours with baking powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg, add milk and melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
- Preheat griddle (or frying pan)
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter. When the bubbles will be present. Flip on other side and cook.
- Melt butter on the pan. Add cherries, cook for a minute. Add lime juice and maple syrup. Mix and cook for a minute or 2 on low heat. Serve hot with pancakes.
What kind of pancakes do you like?