Oven baked basa fish fillets marinated with butter, sweet paprika and dried basil. Easy, quick and healthy dinner party idea.
Baked basa fish fillets in the oven with the taste of sweet paprika. Topped with slices of lemon and basil. Smeared with the melted butter that adds additional flavor. Perfect weeknight main course. Also, very convenient to prepare before any party. Moreover, serve it with mashed potatoes and kale salad.
How to cook Basa Fish Fillets
Firstly, prepare all ingredients: fish, butter, sweet paprika, dried basil, salt and lemon. Secondly, prepare marinate by mixing melted butter with spices and lemon juice. Marinate the fish for about 20-30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 F. Finally, bake uncovered on baking sheet in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Is Basa Fish Healthy
This is the type of catfish that is high is protein. It is very low in calories and it doesn’t contain any carbohydrates. Therefore, it is one of the best fish while dieting. Also, basa fillets contain high amount of fats and Omega 3 fatty acids. As a result, the Omega 3 acids lowers the risk of chronic diseases. These fillets are also low in sodium. In addition, this type of catfish contain potassium and zinc. The minerals that are important for our bodies to function.
Tips to Make Oven Baked Fish
- Marinate the fish for about 20 minutes. I used silicone cooking brush to spread marinate nicely.
- Also, I used my favorite freeze dried basil for the marinate.
- It is the best to put fish on parchment paper to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
Other Fish Recipes:
Baked Basa Fish Fillet
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Put basa fish on the baking sheet.
- Melt butter in the small glass bowl. Add sweet paprika, dried basil, salt and lemon juice.
- Spread the marinate on both sides of fish using cooking brush or spoon. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.