Baked fish basa with sweet paprika and basil is the new fish that I ate recently. I don’t really remember if I had basa fillet before. Lately, my friend suggested this fish to me. She said that it’s delicious and it doesn’t brake when you are baking or cooking. I had many unsuccessful dinners lately with fishes that were breaking easily during frying. So I’ve decided to listen my friend and buy basa fillet.
She was totally right, this fish is so good and very simply to bake or fry. I’m happy that I found a fish that I love. I just simply seasoned with sweet paprika and dried basil. Easy, simple and quick dinner.
At first I wanted to dip my basa fillet in egg and bread crumbs, but I changed my mind quickly. I wanted to make a healthy alternative. I went to my cupboard and I noticed that I have sweet paprika that I don’t really use often. I marinated the fish for half an hour. Then, I baked fish in the oven for 30 minutes.
I baked fish before and I really liked it. Parmesan Broccoli Baked Fish that I made before was very good and I’m hoping to make this dinner soon. In the meantime I was satisfied with sweet paprika and basil basa:)
Do you like baked fish or do you prefer deep fried fish?
- 1 basa fillet
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika (powder)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lay parchment paper on the baking pan.
- Melt butter and mix with sweet paprika, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Marinate fish for half an hour.
- Lay nicely on baking pan, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a large pan, bring water to boil and immerse cauliflower. Cook for 20 - 30 minutes.