Triple Berry Mini Pavlovas
Mini pavlovas with whipped cream and berries.
Servings: 12 mini pavlovas
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 12 strawberries
- 12 raspberries
- 36 blueberries
Preheat oven to 225 F. Prepare large baking pan with parchment paper.
Beat egg whites in a large glass bowl with electric mixer on low speed until soft peak. Add sugar gradually. Beat until sugar is dissolved and stiff.
Fold in lemon juice and cornstarch.
By using large spoon put some meringue on the tray. Form about 12 of them. Use the small spoon to make a hole inside by sliding bumpy back of the spoon from right to the left.
Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. After that time turn off the oven and leave pavlovas inside. Usually for at least 2 - 3 hours. I usually leave it overnight and prepare the rest next day.
In a medium bowl beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer until soft peak. Don't over beat the whipped cream.
When meringue nests are cooled off decorate them. Put some whipped cream inside the hole of the meringue. Add strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
- Baking the meringue pavlova is the most crucial part, if you take them too early they will be soft, if you keep them longer they will be burnt. My suggestion is that after baking, turn off the oven and leave mini pavlovas for at least 2-3 hours, longer the better. Sometimes, I bake them the day before and I leave them in the turned off oven overnight.
- Don't keep the temperature very high, 225 F is enough to bake this little dessert.
- The other important thing is not to stuff them with whipped cream right away, they will become soft. The best thing is to add toppings before serving. Once you top them with whipped cream they can stay good for up to 2-4 hours, then they will become softer.
- You can use Piping Bag to make small pavlovas, but I found an easier way, just scoop some egg whites, place on the baking sheet, make a hole with a spoon. You can watch the whole video how I do it below or find a video on my You Tube Channel.
- If you don't want to use parchment paper, you can use Silpat that you can wash it after each use and reuse it again for your baking needs.
- What to do with egg yolks? You can make this yummy Key Lime Pie that everyone likes.
Calories: 280kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Potassium: 0mg | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg