Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Salad with roasted sweet potato, sunflower seeds, pomegranate arils and honey dijon dressing.
- 1 sweet potato peeled & cubed
- 1 tsp. oil
- 3 cups lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 3 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 360 F, prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place cubed sweet potato on baking sheet, add oil and mix it.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until sweet potato is soft, cool off before adding to the salad.
Arrange salad in a large bowl: add lettuce, sweet potato, pomegranate arils and sunflower seeds, set aside.
Make dressing in a small bowl or jar, add: dijon mustard, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey and salt, mix it.
Add dressing to the salad, toss it.
- After roasting potatoes you should cool them off completely before adding to the salad since you are adding fresh lettuce, you don't want to add hot cubed potatoes to fresh lettuce.
- Mix dressing in jar or small bowl, to do it in a jar add all ingredients, close tightly with the top and shake it. If you want to use a small bowl, add dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt to the bowl, you can use a spoon to mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- If you don't want to make the dressing you can use store bought, for example: Italian, Balsamic, Honey Mustard etc.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 817mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 16600IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 3mg