Quick and easy to make stuffed french toast with almond butter and seasonal cherries.
How about easy french toast for breakfast? Easy & Quick to make.. and it doesn’t require any extra effort. That’s what I like the most quick and delicious breakfasts. I don’t make often french toast at home and I regret it. They are very tasty and you can dress them however you want. Any seasonal fruit is great.
I had some cherries in my fridge, so I’ve decided to make stuffed french toast with cherries. Just cut them in half and lay nicely on the slice of bread.
I’m also hooked lately on almond butter. I just love this nutty spread. It’s so popular lately and at my home I’m using a lot, even for my smoothie bowl. I like peanut butter too, however I like experimenting in the kitchen by trying new flavors.
For my french toast I used the European bread from the shop that I buy here in Ontario. They carry all delicious food straight from Europe. However, for your bread you can choose any kind. Any slice of bread is perfect for this almond butter + cherry spread:)
Cherry Almond Butter French Toast
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 6 cherries pitted & sliced
- 1 Tsp. butter
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- In a small bowl whisk the egg and milk.
- Spread almond butter on a slice of bread, add cherries. Close with another slice of bread.
- Dip both sides of french toast into the egg/milk mixture.
- Melt butter on the frying pan. Cook french toast on medium heat on both sides for about 3 - 5 minute on each side.
- Top with maple syrup
Have you tried almond butter before? Do you like it?