Happy Wednesday! It’s middle of the week already. The time is going so fast.
Since I’m watching what I’m eating lately I’ve decided to make healthy spinach whole wheat pasta topped with fresh tomato and parmesan. Also, I am limiting meat consumption recently. I don’t have to have meat for every dinner. My children love meatless dinners and maybe that’s why I am thinking about new main course possibilities.
Sometimes I can create something delicious that my meat-eater husband will say that it’s really good. Just couple healthy ingredients and perfect dinner can be made. I’ve used whole wheat pasta, tomato, spinach (my favorite) and parmesan cheese. Everything sauteed nicely on the frying pan with just a little butter. Such a perfect spinach whole wheat pasta I’ve got on the plate.
I like spinach, but I don’t buy it very often. I’m not sure why. Probably I am always forgetting about it. Or I don’t know what to make with spinach. I have to change it and I should think of more ideas for cooking with spinach. There are many great recipes that involve this vegetable full of vitamins A, C, K, magnesium, folate and of course iron.
If you are thinking about meatless Monday; you can think about this spinach whole wheat pasta. I will tell you it’s very delicious. It’s healthy and without any excessive calories. Do you like meatless dinners? What is your favorite meatless main course?
- 1/2 cup uncooked whole wheat pasta or 1 cup cooked pasta
- 1 medium tomato
- 5 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 6 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 tsp. butter
- In the medium pan cook pasta according to the instructions from the package.
- Drain the water and leave it for now.
- Cut tomato into 4 sections.
- In the frying pan melt butter, add spinach and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add drained pasta and tomato. Mix and cook for 2 - 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add 4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese. Mix all ingredients.
- Serve immediately on the plate. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top.