Chocolate chip pumpkin cookies are soft, delicious and perfect for Fall Parties!
Currently, the internet is going crazy with pumpkin and apple recipes. Lots and lots of recipes with pumpkin are showing in my Pinterest and Instagram feed. I wasn’t madly crazy about pumpkin season when I moved to US from Europe in 1999. I remember when I first tried pumpkin pie. I ate it but I didn’t like it very much. Spices in that pie were very overwhelming for me. Whipped cream on top perfectly combined with pumpkin pie and that’s why I said the pie is ok but I wasn’t in “love at the first sight”.
Pumpkin season grew slowly in me over time in US. When I was growing up in Europe I’ve never tried anything with pumpkin. Fall for us was full of apples and pears. Therefore, for the past 15 years I tried many recipes with pumpkin and I started to like them. Pumpkin pie is still not for me, but I like pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pancakes or pumpkin muffins.
I know pumpkin loves spices like nutmeg, allspice or cinnamon. I don’t really like that strong burst of flavor. And to tell you the truth last week for the first time in my life I bought nutmeg spice. I tried how it taste by itself and I already knew I do not want so much nutmeg in my pumpkin cookies. The taste is to strong for me. I only used pinch of nutmeg for my pumpkin cookies. But you are more than welcome to put more if you like it.
The pumpkin cookies are soft and delicate. They don’t spread so much during baking. They just raise a little so you want to shape them before baking. Just make a balls and push with fork to flatten them a little.
Soft Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare baking pan with parchment paper. Oil paper a little.
- In a a large bowl, beat the butter with a stand mixer for 1 minute. Add brown sugar and beat on low speed until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until all ingredients are combined. Mix in pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and pinch of nutmeg.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry and mix on low speed until all well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place about 1 Tbsp. of cookie dough on the baking pan and flatten a little with fork, shape to make a circle.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool off.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 170kcal Calories from fat 70|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 8g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
If you like Soft Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies see…