Very easy to make strawberry panna cotta dessert topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with a little chocolate.
As Valentine’s Day is approaching I like to make something for my boys at home. I have already couple yummy recipes perfect for Valentine’s Day that includes chocolate cheesecake, cookie cups, cookies and more. You can definitely find something on my blog if you are planning to make a Valentine’s Day party or just to make a little treat for your family.
I was always intrigued by the name panna cotta and I always thought that it might be more difficult dessert to make since I don’t really use gelatin in my kitchen, but obviously this type of dessert is very simple to make and requires only few ingredients. Today, I used fruits in my panna cotta but you can simply make different flavors.
Firstly, I heated my fresh strawberries with sugar and I blended them. Frozen strawberries might be used too. I usually pick lots of organic strawberries over the summer and I freeze it. Then I have strawberries for the rest of the year for my smoothies or some desserts.
To continue with my panna cotta I heated cream, added blended strawberries and gelatin that was dissolved in milk before. I used my new [easyazon_link identifier=”B01KA7VZA6″ locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]ninja blender[/easyazon_link] for the strawberries and I’ve noticed that I didn’t have to strain the seeds and they were blended very good. Anyway even if there are any seeds from strawberries I will eat it. Now you have an easy dessert for Valentine’s Day:)
Strawberry Panna Cotta
Strawberry Panna Cotta
- 2 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 gelatins envelope, 7 grams each
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
In a medium saucepan heat strawberries and sugar for about 2 - 3 minutes until cane sugar will dissolve.
- Cool off and blend everything in the blender.
- In the meantime in a small glass container add milk and gelatin, mix everything nicely and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat whipping cream with strawberries for about 5 - 7 minutes until it will boil. Remove from heat, set aside for 1 minute and add gelatin.
- Set aside for about 15 - 20 minutes to cool off a little.
- Mix for about 1 - 2 minutes until gelatin will dissolve.
- Divide between 6 glasses and place in the fridge. Leave it in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to decorate panna cotta, in a medium bowl beat with electric mixer whipping cream with powdered sugar until soft peak. Decorate panna cotta, add sprinkles of chocolate if desired.