Meringue Layer Cake with crunchy bottom, chocolate whipped cream and strawberries.
If you want to impress your guests this is the cake that you have to make. I promise they will love it! Crunchy bottom layer, soft chocolate whipped cream with strawberries and meringue. Totally delicious cake ever!
I made this cake few weeks ago for a party gathering that I spent with friends. When I was making this cake I had so many ideas. I didn’t know which way to go. However, the cake is my experiment that turn out the best cake you will have. The best part is that each layer perfectly suits the other. Crunchy buttery bottom and chocolate whipped cream that lays on top. The cake is not so sweet itself. I actually didn’t add so much sugar to the bottom or middle layer. As we all know the meringue needs some sugar. Anyway, when you’ll make it you’ll see the cake is perfectly balanced.
This dessert requires a little time, because each layer is prepared separately. The bottom has to be baked for 20 minutes and cooled off completely before doing anything more. The chocolate whipped cream is not baked and the meringue has to be baked by itself. After all the process you just need to lay them nicely one by one.
I don’t bake meringue often at home but whenever I do it is always a success for me. When you follow my steps you’ll see how simple is that.
What are you waiting for? Just go to the kitchen and make this cake, you”ll love it!
Strawberry Chocolate Meringue Layer Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
Whipped Cream Layer
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 390 F. Prepare 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, egg yolks, powdered sugar and butter. Combine all ingredients together and knead by hand for 2-3 minutes until you will form a ball.
- Lay flat on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Reduce the oven to 280 F.
Whipped Cream Layer
- In a large bowl In a medium bowl beat cold whipping cream until soft peak with electric mixer. Add powdered sugar and cacao powder and mix for few seconds until all ingredients will incorporate. Add strawberries and combine all ingredients well. Put in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a separate flat baking pan with parchment paper. Using a pen draw rectangular shape in size 13 x 9. You want to fit your meringue after baking into the 13 x 9 pan on top of the bottom layer and whipped cream.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites until soft peak, add sugar gradually (about 3 times). Mix ingredients well. Add lemon juice and mix.
- Bake in the 280 F oven for one hour. Turn off the oven. Open the oven and leave the meringue there for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Every layer needs to be cool.
- On the cooled off bottom layer put chocolate whipped cream. Insert meringue on top. Leave it for at least 3 hours.
If you like Strawberry Chocolate Meringue Layer Cake check…