Quinoa muffins with sweet potato, cinnamon and chocolate chips.
I don’t have to tell you that quinoa is very popular lately. The internet is full of new recipes introducing this type of grain. I’m actually new to these edible seeds and I’m still looking for new ideas what to do with quinoa.
I noticed that quinoa is simple used in every dish: breakfast, snacks, dinners, bread and even desserts. I made Pistachio Quinoa and Cranberry Granola with uncooked seeds and it was very delicious. At first I wanted to eat uncooked then I decided to give it a try with cooked quinoa in my Taco Zucchini Quinoa Casserole. Both recipes came out amazingly tasty.
When I saw a dessert with quinoa my mind was surprised in a nice way. I thought it will be nice to use it in some breads or desserts. These sweet potato quinoa muffins were perfect for me to make. I’ve never made muffins with sweet potato but I’m trying to sneak some veggies here and there in my children’s food.
These quinoa muffins came out so tasty. I like them with a perfect moistness and perfect amount of chocolate. Some cinnamon flavor and sweet potato that you can’t really know that veggie is in there. I’ll be looking for more sweet potato muffins or even breads.
Sweet Potato Quinoa Muffins
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup sweet potato cooked & mashed
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Prepare muffin tin with 12 liners.
- In a large bowl mix flours, cooked quinoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix coconut oil, sweet potato, greek yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and combine well.
- Pour into muffin tins.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 F and bake another 20 - 25 minutes.
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest
How do you like your quinoa seeds in main dish or breakfast?