Delicious butter cookies decorated with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles.
I hope you are ready for the BEST sugar butter cookies ever. Believe me they are the best. I worked many times with cookies before and I know what I’m saying. I’ve worked all Saturday morning with cookie recipes. I was devastated after the first batch with first recipe that I found somewhere on the web. It was terrible to work with, ingredients didn’t want to combine. I didn’t give up and I made another cookie base that I was satisfied.
I had a cookie competition in my city on Saturday. I wanted to win but also I wanted to prove myself that maybe my cooking and baking is really good. I wanted to know from other people as well. And I won a FIRST place, I am so happy. Judges couldn’t stop eating my butter cookies. However, my cookies for the competition looked different than these hearts that I am showing you today. But I’ve used the same butter cookie base for them.
The dough for these butter cookies is so easy to work with. The ingredients combine very well together and most importantly very quickly. Also, they do not require any chilling before baking. Just mix ingredients, form a ball, roll it and cut shapes. Simply as that. They came out amazing. Perfect amount of sweet, crunch and batter. This is what I like the most.
To make my butter cookies even better I added cream cheese with whipped cream. Totally good. Try it and You will definitely like them. These butter cookies are perfect as a gift; same as Chocolate Truffles Recipe. Just use a really pretty box and wrap cookie nicely inside. I even used a nice box after store-bought candies that I had in my home.
Do you like to bake cookies or do you prefer other desserts?
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 brick (8 oz.) softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whipping cream (35%)
- red sprinkles
- flour to dust
- cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the large bowl mix butter and sugar with electric mixer until all will become smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Beat until all ingredients will combine.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder. Add to wet ingredients.
- Mix with mixer, then knead the dough by hand.
- Divide the dough into 3 sections. Flour the surface and roll one dough until 1/4 thick. Cut the cookies with cookie cutter. Make same with sections 2 and 3 of the dough.
- Lay nicely on parchment paper. Bake for 6 - 10 minutes. Start checking after 6 minutes so they will not burn out.
- Cool off cookies completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whip the whipping cream until soft peak. Add cream cheese/sugar mixture and mix until all ingredients will combine.
- Frost the cookies, sprinkle with sprinkles, add some blueberries.
Cookie base adapted from inkatrinaskitchen.com