Soft and healthy whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
I did these cookies many times, but I just recently improved recipe. They were to dry before, but now they are so delicate and soft and also… more healthy. Ok.. except for the butter. Maybe next time I can substitute butter and these cookies will be very Healthy.
My sons love these cookies. When I make them I can always have something to put into lunchbox. They can be also made with raisins, but my older son does not like them, so I add a little chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups regular oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) - room temperature
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip cookies
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lay parchment paper on the cooking pan.
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs (one at a time) and mix. Add vanilla extract. Mix all ingredients until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix flour with baking soda and salt.
- Add to the butter and eggs batter, mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chip cookies. Combine all ingredients.
- Form small balls and lay on the cooking pan (leave some space between them)
- Bake for 10 -13 minutes