Marinated in lemon juice baked pork chops recipe with apples, plums and onions. Served with homemade pesto. Perfect dinner idea for four! “All opinions are my own. I wasn’t compensated but I received a product for free.”
How I like fall and all the flavors of this season! Thinking about not using all available products right now at the store makes me sad. We’ve got such a huge selection of fall vegetables and fruits right now. Try to use plums, apples, pumpkins and squashes in your kitchen. Anyway, baked pork chops was a new recipe in my home. I don’t usually bake meat with fruits. But I was wrong on this. There are some fruits that are perfect for each meat. For example, these pork chops are great with plums, apples or even pears.
Lately I received Cookina Cooking Sheet and I wanted to try this product. It is reusable, 100% non-stick and ideally for cooking in the oven. Perfect alternative for aluminum foil, wax paper or parchment paper. The best part about Cookina Cooking Sheet is that it is very large. Because of that my baking sheet was clean, without any spills of the meat or fruit.
Furthermore, before baking my pork chops I marinated them overnight in the mixture of lemon juice, salt, pepper and oil. On the day of baking I just prepared all veggies and fruits. The whole dinner was very delicious.
To make it even more tasty I served these baked pork chops with my Basil Spinach Almond Pesto. Very unique combination of flavors. I see this type of dish as sophisticated and elegant dinner with family or friends.
Baked Pork Chops with Apples and Plums
- 4 pork chops
- 1 medium-sized onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1/2 lemon
Veggies & Fruits
- 10 - 13 brussel sprouts
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 apples
- 2 - 3 plums
- Cookina Cooking Sheet
- The day before baking the pork chops prepare marinate.
- In a large glass container place pork chops. Add sliced onions, oil, squeeze juice from half lemon, season with salt and pepper. Marinate overnight.
- The next day preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare flat large baking sheet with Cookina Cooking Sheet. Place marinated pork chops.
- Slice in half brussel sprouts and place in a medium bowl. Add oil and season with salt and pepper. Add it to the pork chops.
- Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Cut each apple and plum in 4 parts. Remove seeds.
- After 30 minutes of baking the pork chops raise temperature to 375 and add apples and plums. Spray fruits with oil. (I used Misto). Bake for another 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve with homemade pesto.