Healthy no bake dark chocolate balls with dates, coconut flakes, almonds and chia seeds are the perfect gift idea. Chocolate energy balls are so easy to make!
These chocolate balls are not only made for Christmas. They can be made all year long for gifting or simply for yourself. Packed with so many healthy ingredients like coconut, almond meal, chia seeds, dates, almond butter and dark chocolate. Therefore, there are only 5 ingredients to make these energy balls. A delicious snack recipe made with real food.
Chia seeds are the perfect source of omega-3 fatty acids, iron, calcium, protein and antioxidants. Also, chia seeds increases energy and lowers weight. Dates are the best natural sweetener that you can use in your baking. They are very nutritious and they contain few vitamins and minerals. For example, potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, iron and Vitamin B6. They also help with blood regulation and bone health. Almonds have a huge amount of Vitamin E. They control blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
How to make Dark Chocolate Balls
First of all, get all ingredients: unsweetened coconut, almond meal, chia seeds, dates and almond butter. Soak dates in the water. After 10 minutes blend dates in the blender. Combine all ingredients together. Form 15 balls. After that, freeze energy bites for 10 minutes. Finally, dip each ball in melted dark chocolate.
Tips to make Energy Balls
- Soak dates longer than 10 minutes if blending becomes harder. They need to be soft in order to blend very well.
- Choose unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Buy the best melting dark chocolate that hardens quickly and very well.
- Freeze energy bites before dipping in chocolate.
Other Energy Bites Recipes:
No Bake Dark Chocolate Balls Gift Idea
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- Soak dates in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain dates, add 3 Tbsp. water and blend in blender.
- In a medium bowl combine dates paste, coconut flakes, almond meal, chia seeds and almond butter.
- Form 15 balls, freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for about 15 - 30 seconds.
- Dip each ball in the chocolate. Put on plate and place in the freezer to harden, about 10 minutes.