Soft pumpkin patch chocolate chunk cookies with double chocolate as cacao powder in the batter and extra chocolate chunks. These cookies are great for Halloween and other occasions! A versatile cookie:)
If you’ll have a cookie that it is perfect all year long for any occasion you’ll be much happier in life. After coming back from my food bloggers conference I was more eager to work in my kitchen and start baking and cooking again. So much inspiration you can get from other bloggers and presenters. It was fun weekend but now I am back to reality.
For the past couple of weeks I wanted to make cookies especially for Halloween but not ONLY! Why do I have to make this cookie only for Halloween? I was brainstorming ideas and I was deciding what kind of flavor should I want. I didn’t want to post a new recipe for chocolate chip cookies. There are almost 27,000,000 chocolate chip cookies on the web. Can you imagine?
Therefore after realizing how much chocolate I love…. of course I opted for chocolate chunk cookies. These cookies are soft, sweet enough and very chocolaty with lots of chocolate chunks inside.
The process of making chocolate chunk cookies is fairly simple. First you will combine flour, [easyazon_link identifier=”B00EKLPLU4″ locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]cacao powder[/easyazon_link] and baking soda and you will leave it aside. Next you can prepare the wet ingredients. Cream sugar with butter, add egg and mix very well with [easyazon_link identifier=”B000FIOU76″ locale=”US” tag=”ilospas-20″]electric mixer[/easyazon_link]. Add yummy chocolate chunks. Form the balls and bake. Add lots of sprinkles and bake. That’s it.
They are decorated especially for Halloween but make them all year. Basically omit pumpkin candies or use another color of sprinkles. Or just don’t use sprinkles and make only chocolate chunk cookies. Make them for a birthday, after school treat, Christmas etc. Possibilities are endless.
Would you like to see more? Follow me: FACEBOOK, PINTEREST, GOOGLE+, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, or SUBSCRIBE to receive recipes and party themes in your inbox!
Pumpkin Patch Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 3.5 oz. chocolate bark cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp. sprinkles
- 12-16 pumpkin candies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cacao powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix with electric mixer butter and cane sugar. Add egg and mix.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well on low speed.
- Add chocolate chunks. Form 12 - 16 balls, place on baking sheet and flatten gently with hand. Add sprinkles. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave it for 10 minutes before transferring on the cooling rack.
- To add pumpkin candies on top, melt few pieces of chocolate. Add a drop to the bottom of the pumpkin candy and place on the cookie.
Leave a Reply